Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful For ... Adventures

Lately I have been overwhelmed with gratitude for the incredible opportunities I have been blessed with this past year! I truly am thankful for all the adventures! So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving I've decided to reflect on this last year and recap just a bit.

Over the last year, traveling has become my second nature, and while I think that everyone has to find a style that works for them, I am definitely an advocate of "experiences" over "things". Moreover, I have learned that there is so much to do, to see, to experience in every new place! Therefore, I am kind of against the idea of a destination bucketlist..  I just don't believe that spending two days in Paris, for example, means that I can cross France off my list.  There is so much more to a destination than getting a stamp in your passport and calling it good. Thus, I have crafted a little something I call "The Adventure List"! Doesn't that sound so much more fun than a destination list? Granted, it is a work in progress, but I think I have got a pretty solid start!
If you wanna check it out, click on the page, titled " The Adventure List", in the side bar over there ---->

But I digress, back to the recap. Like I said, I am one lucky girl to be where I am today!  I can't believe another year has flown by! Thanks for reading along.

November + December 2012
January + February 2013 
March + April 2013
May + June 2013
July + August 2013
September + October 2013

 in the last 12 months... 
18 countries
3 new siblings 
4 concerts
3 continents 
3 semesters of college 
2 races (5Ks)
8 months in Europe
countless experiences 

would you believe me if I said I have this feeling that the adventure is just starting? I can't wait to see what the next three years of my life hold, I've got big plans and even bigger dreams! Wish me luck! 
and of course, Happy Thanksgiving! 



1 comment: